Have you been trying to get pregnant for more than six months?
More than a year? When is the right time to see an infertility specialist? Should you keep trying to get pregnant on your own?
At Poma Fertility, our patient-centered treatment approach takes the mystery out of infertility. We treat couples who have been unable to conceive on their own or anyone who needs assistance starting a family. We offer a comprehensive set of services, including treatment options for single women, family building for members of the LGBT community, family balancing gender selection and services for patients needing sperm or egg donation.
We also offer fertility preservation for men and women undergoing cancer treatments who may need their eggs, sperm, or embryos frozen for future use. We also help single women who are not yet ready to start a family and want to freeze some of their eggs while they are still most likely to be able to have a baby.
Those who may want to make an appointment with a fertility specialist include:
- Any couple who has been trying to get pregnant for a year or more
- Women over age 35 who have been trying to conceive for more than six months
- Women with abnormal ovarian reserve tests, such as an elevated FSH level
- Any man diagnosed with male factor infertility
- Women with blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Patients with moderate or severe endometriosis at any age
- Problems with ovulation such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Anyone with recurrent pregnancy losses
- Members of the LGBT community
- Any patient about to undergo cancer treatment
- Anyone with a family history of genetic disease or who is known to be carrying a genetic mutation
- Families who would like gender selection to balance the number of boys and girls in their families