This post is simply to make it easier to find the HSG video page (Click Here).
The HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) is an x-ray test performed to see the tubes.
- We schedule the test after menses and before ovulation
- We perform the test in radiology
- The test is great for the tubes but average for the uterus
- Compared to surgery, the HSG is about 50% as accurate for the uterus
- Compared to surgery, the SHG is about 97% as accurate for the uterus – thus we find the tests complimentary
- The HSG has a reputation for being painful
- The test does not have to hurt
- I ask all my patients for a pain score and the average score = 1.5 out of 10
Here is the video, enjoy:
Look this video slideshow to better appreciate the images that we are trying to achieve. The video is located on my account at (www.screencast.com), so please be patient if your internet connection is slow.